Tuesday 26 October 2010

The impossible dream

"And the world will be better for this.
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star."

A friend of mine posted me that above quote after reading my blog from beginning to near end. She said, maybe in part due to the injuries at the beginning of the blog, combined with raising all that money for charity, these lyrics got stuck in my head. These lyrics are from a song called 'The impossible dream'. Has been a while since I posted during the week, but following my friends comments, I wanted to share a number of impossible dreams. Please note, dreams are only impossible whilst they are still dreams.
I remember back to 2009 where I completed my first LEJOG adventure. A cycling buddy, Andrew Hartley made a video of this first impossible dream. This dream can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=149087603993

This got me to thinking about LEJOG 2010, where a whole bunch of folk considered this to be an impossible dream. My buddy Chris Hodge added a video to you tube recounting day 0.25 of said adventure, which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQCXL78g1fQ. Chris plans to add further days of this adventure, and when he does I will post links on this blog site.

I have saved the best, far reaching impossible dream video till last. The children at Happy's (Mason Lincoln Special School for the disabled in South Africa) receive the wheelchairs they have been waiting for. The money and support for this home has been provided by loving members of the Christadelphian community, their friends and family worldwide.. Grab a tissue and take a look at this: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1618688222263


I have another impossible dream. That is to complete the Verenti Tour of the Peak on Saturday next. This is considered the season finale on the last day of British Summertime. My poor bike is still in the repair shop and wont be ready till Friday which seriously compromises my training. Luckily I still have a mountain bike and best take her on a few miles in the days that remain.

1 comment:

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...