If you read my last post (boring as it was) you'd know that I'm planning a plan. The plan is to create a healthier (not necessarily better, so please don't comment on my morals, behaviours, values etc) me. I'm kinda making it up as I go along and have decided to plan on a weekly or monthly basis. I think I'm going to create my own golden rules as I go along.
My first rule is 'eat healthier'. This does not mean that I am on a diet, does not mean I can't indulge once in a while and does not mean that Mc Donald's is off limits. It means that I have to eat healthier than I currently do. There is a need for me to improve my diet as I'm fat, weigh too much and have high cholesterol. I think I can improve my diet by cutting out a lot of fat and sugars I would normally eat, be more conscious regarding what I eat and by eating cholesterol lowering foods.
My research has shown that there are a whole bunch of cholesterol lowering foods and I'm eating much of them already. They are as follows:
- Avacoda (This appears to be no.1 cholesterol lowering food). I don't like it much but will eat it alongside a poached egg on occasions.
- Almonds and walnuts (which contains Omega 3). Love nuts and will snack on these at work.
- Fatty fish - salmon, lake trout, mackerel, herring, sardines and tuna (all of which contain Omega 3). Am liking fish more and more and tend to eat tuna most days at work.
- Oats and barley. Am eating Alpen (no added sugar) most days for breakfast.
- Fruits and berries including apples, grapes, citrus fruit and strawberries. Am tending to add berries to my Alpen and eat fruit most days.
- Dark chocolate and cocoa. Hmm, don't tend to touch either much but nice knowing I can.
- Garlic. This is good for keeping insects away too).
- Vegetables especially dark leafy greens. I do like my veg and will try to eat more of it.
- Tea. I drink lots (maybe too much).
- Extra virgin olive oil. Ok, let's change my current spread.
- Standing leg extensions
- Knee hug to chest
- Forward leg swings
- Lateral leg swings
- Bent leg circles
- Butt kicks
- Hip flexor stretch
- Thigh stretch
- Hamstring stretch
- Illiotibial band stretch
- Calf stretch
- Lower back stretch
- Buttock stretch
|A lot of fun, not good for the tum|