Before I blog about the new year (2019), I figured it would be fun to reflect on the past year (2018). What better than to have a look at the plan I made way back in January? Well, my plans were as follows: (2019 comments in blue)
2009 - 5,086 (3,160) LEJOG 2009
2010 - 8,509 (5,287) Paris to Geneva Cycle 2010/LEJOG 2010
2011 - 8,378 (5,207) PBP 2011
2012 - 6,935 (4,309)
2013 - 12,498 (7,766) LEL 2013
2014 - 9,253 (5,750)
2015 - 5,531 (3,436) and Ran 1,170 (727)
2016 - 6,515 (4,048) and Ran 1,204 (748) Iron Man (Bolton) 2016/TNR 2016
2017 - 8,940 (5,555) and Ran 514 (319)
2018 - 10,958 (6,809) and Ran 417 (259) TransAtlantic Way (TAW) Race 2018
I started 2018 weighing 89.6 kg and ended weighing much heavier. Grr. Oh well, who cares, I cycled far more miles than previous few years. Maybe I need to run more as my running stats were quite poor. In my final month of 2018, I ran a few more k and managed a couple of runs with my wife which was nice. I think the Xmas day was my favourite run of 2018 (even if I had my slowest time).
|Xmas day Park Run 2018|
|Will the real Santa please stand up|
Plans, or rather goals for 2019:
- Cycle frequently. Cycle with buddies and solo. Commute by bicycle.
- Cycle 10,000k before end of year.
- Wild Camp. In fact, attempt to bivvy-a-month (BAM).
- Search the Scriptures more thoroughly than last year. Add interesting quotes/thoughts to my blog.
- Run more Park Runs. Try a Park Run I have never ran before. Run a Park Run with my wife.
- Run 500k before end of year.
- Complete the Fort William 1000 audax (my 'big' event for 2019).
- Eat less, drink less, adventure more.
- Be the best lover, husband, father that I can.
H A P P Y N E W Y E A R