Saturday 2 May 2015

Preservation. Prevention. Oh, and another PB!

Started the week with what I am now calling my 'Run 2' run (name inspired by 'Song 2' by Blur). This is a run that I have created that is not a fast run, neither is it a long run, it is just a run. It's a nice run that spans 6 miles (just under 10k) and is easy for me to complete as it starts at Kings Norton and finishes at work. I hope to run this run on a once weekly(ish) basis. To date, I have ran this route twice. I think I should consider trying to improve my pace a little though.
Run 2
Tuesday was meant to be a day cycling with Roger and The Beast (his tandem). Sadly, I woke up with a sore throat and a bad head. Worse still, the heavens had opened and it was wet everywhere. Ride with Roger was postponed.

Juice Free had suggested I have a rest week and take it easy. I guess this week indeed was just that. Whilst I was able to rest from exercising, I spent some time creating a JustGiving web page for my upcoming marathon event...

On 3 October 2015 I plan to run the Heart of England Forest Marathon to raise awareness (and monies) for suicide prevention. Suicide is the leading cause of death for men under the age of 50 in the U.K. Papyrus is a charity that is specifically targeting the prevention of young suicide and would benefit from any monies I am able to raise. Please help me, to help this worthwhile charity and help prevent suicide. Please click this link to sponsor Doo.
The Heart of England Forest Marathon has a 'life preservation' theme too. My entry fee ensures that a tree will be planted in the Heart of England Forest. It's fair to say that life preservation should be made a priority.
Finished the week with another Parkrun. This was my 6th Parkrun to date and I finished in 33rd place out of a field of 307. I ran as hard and fast as my legs would allow and raced (and overtook) a random chap to the finish. At the finish I went crashing into the folk who stand at the finish line with their clicker things. Ha! Thus far, each time I have ran a Parkrun event I have gotten faster and sure enough this time was the fastest I have ever ran. My time was 21:39 which meant, in runners language, I had achieved another PB!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...