Thursday 25 June 2015

Do not feed the sea gulls

Monday - Rest day.
Tuesday - Swam 2 x 750m laps at Ragley Lake. Suffered terrible cramp - worse yet. SJ did some research and thinks I need to drink more, rotate my ankles before getting in the water, and point my toes like a ballerina when I swim. Hmm. Wore my 'new' wetsuit (short leg and sleeve) which was fine but maybe not quite as buoyant as my full suit - cheers Lin. This suit will be great for any future holidays.
Wednesday - Cycled 40 miles with my buddy Roger and The Beast (his tandem). Great ride on a terribly hot day. We cycled to Whitlenge Tea Rooms and back. We had the obligatory full english breakfast which is a must should anyone venture to this wonderful place.
12 Intervals, ouch!
Thursday - Ran my interval style run. Followed the formula - 15 mins warm up; 12 x 400m run with 90 seconds rest; cool down to finish. This was a 10k run and in retrospect I should have shortened the warm up because I had reached work (my destination) before I had really cooled down. Maybe I'm getting too fast for my own good. (Ha!)

Friday - Rest day.
Long run 17.9k (11 miles)
Saturday - Long run. I ran on a lovely hot day all the way to Mappleborough Green Village Hall (where I had my wedding reception) and then to Alexander Hospital for an emergency poo (my second emergency in 2 weeks). From the hospital, I ran to Arrow Vale Lake and then back home. It was nice to see the Parkrunners at the lake (I went in opposite direction). Man, this run hurt. My right calf and both feet found it heavy going. Was pleased I managed 11 miles.
Tri-club cyclist's post TT (L-R Doo, John, ?Martin, Phil)
Sunday - Tri-club day. Swimming followed by a bicycle time trial. My swim was lousy. Despite Leigh giving me and just one other his undivided attention, it just didn't click. I swam like a bag of sand. The time trial (TT) was much better. I was pleased with my position and time (19:59) and felt my efforts were well paid off. According to Strava, I am currently KOM (19:55) for the Tri Redditch TT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...