Sunday 5 July 2015

Home made pool

Monday: First cycle in ages with my buddy Ron. We just cycled along nearby lanes and essentially 'caught up' with each others happenings. Not long until Ron (and Jamie and Andy) starts his PBP adventure.
Jolly with The Phantom (27k cycle)
Tuesday: A wonderfully hot day and how awesome to open water swim in Ragley Lake. Managed 3 x 750m laps. Was great to have my mum and Aunty Christine come and spectate too.
Stolen pic of Ragley Lake (can you spot me?!)
Stolen pic (2) of Ragley Lake
Wednesday: I think this was the hottest day of the year thus far. I ventured out on my long run quite early in the morning and essentially ran to Alcester and back. My run consisted of both road and off-road sections. Ran places I had not ran before and saw several signs relating to the Heart of England Forest (presume I will run some of this route during my planned marathon later in the year). This run hurt and I had another emergency on route (3rd in 3 weeks). Cooled off later in day by dipping my legs into a cool pool.
Check out the moobs!
Thursday: Rest day. Well, that's if you can call a day spent entertaining the Health Minister Alistair Burt 'rest'! Ha!

Friday: Interval run. Followed the formula 10 mins warm up; 6 x 800m run (with 90 seconds recovery); cool down to finish. Ran 10k on a nice warm day.
Pace chart, 10k run Interval style
Saturday: Cycle. Commute to work and back. Single-speed road bike style.

Sunday: Open water swim at Ragley Lake. Managed 3 x 750m laps. Should have gone to tri-club but the Tour de France was on, I was tired....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...