Sunday 22 December 2013

Winter Solstice 2013

This week, I mostly been a single-speedin', just like the super-hero Kermit the Frog. No long distances were covered and no audax event was completed. Still, 3 enjoyable rides were had.

My first ride was a lap of my BG SR 2 route. The second outing was a MTB jolly and a few new paths were ridden. Final trek was a completion of my BG SR 3 route.

The only real wow factor of the week was that I cycled on the shortest day of the year. That's right, I cycled during the Winter Solstice. Kermit celebrated the Winter Solstice in style...
Cycled a total of 114k this week. Am just 5k off my target of 12,000k! I hope to beat my target, especially as I have signed up for the (Rapha) Festive 500. Let's just hope the weather is kind!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on the distance! Mega. Good luck completing.
    And yes, I also hope the weather is kind for the Festive 500. But I'm not holding my breath. Best wishes for the holidays

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...