Thursday 21 January 2010

'The specialized' turns her wheels up

This week started off so well. Hewell Road swimming pool was re-open and I took my first swim (in that pool) of 2010. I discovered something strange - I was able to swim harder, faster and longer if I removed my goggles .... My swimming reamins poor but it is improving.

A nice couple of runs this week. Both runs were with Cody, my little 4 legged training partner. This first run was over Studley fields and the second was an awesome cross country run in Henley following an undualting path which was slippy, muddy and wet.

Skipping is a joke. It's really hard! Still trying to skip for just 2 mins without a break. Grr!

Cycled to work for the first time this year. The specialized is a lot heavier and slower than my road bike, but after a good hour and a half, she made it! Scotty is awesome and feels so incredibly light after cycling the specialized. Ron and I took Scotty on a variation of 'Ron's 1 hour loop' route which included a spot of off-road action and lots of mud. Scotty feels like a real mountain bike now (though Ron says she ain't a real bike till she's done a 100 miles). Bad news hit today though. The specialized died! Turned her wheels up! Gone! 9 miles away from work, heading for home, her chain snapped. Luckily I was only 2 miles away from a train station (and cycled a top speed of 39.7 mph down-hill with no chain). Am hoping the specialized is only 'gone' temporarily - have taken her to 'Cult Cycles' to see if they can work their magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...