Saturday 24 July 2010

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle

Very leisurely week this one. Didn't train too hard. Had paralysis of will at the beginning of the week.Thursday was the first day I managed to push myself and get out. Was a nice evening and I cycled the Henley loop. Weather was most favourable and a nice tail wind pushed me along.

Have fallen out with Halfords, again. We all know that Halfords are rip off merchants anyway, but I was hoping to purchase a hybrid bike from their Boardman range. Have had better thoughts and am staying clear of them. Halfords are more leisurely than my training and as reliable as a punctured tube. Looked at a few hybrid bikes from the Focus range but have decided to invest in a Kona phd. Nice.
Gary the Cobler (L2G friend) made contact with me this week and informed me that he has climbed the Col de la Faucille - twice. That is great going - he told me he was going to do it but I had my doubts. I hope he didn't find my lack of faith disturbing. Anyways, Gary the Cobler has asked me whether I am up for cycling the Etape next year with him. The Etape is the toughest stage of the toughest bike race in the world. A chap recently wrote in the Guardian 'that's the toughest amateur cycling event in the world... People spend years preparing... People die...'. Sounds great, watch this space!

As I promised myself last week, I went hunting for Callow hill. It was easy to find and proved no major menace at all. In fact, I was quite disappointed that it was neither too long or steep. I might hunt for a hill each week until I go to Beautiful Days festival, the week before my LEJOG trip. I need to push myself and start training hard.

Each time I blog before my LEJOG trip, I will end with the link to the JustGiving website in the hope that folk sponsor the 'Help4Happy's' project. To those that have sponsored already, many thanks.

Weekly totals: Cycled 40 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...