The Epic Cycles Winter Warmer sadly did not warm me up. The event didn't happen. In an email statement, Epic Cycles stated '... the adverse weather has sadly forced us to call off the Winter Warmer ride'. I have never participated in a sportive and will make this a goal for 2010.
This adverse weather is really bad, so bad in fact, that I wont venture out just yet. My training is put on hold. Meanwhile I have been overcome by 'Christmas logic' and am eating lots and doing all the things I shouldn't.
Weekly totals: Swam for 45 mins; Cycled 32 miles; Did not run.
Sunday, 20 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Solstice Sprint 2026 (The Tale of Two Riders and over a Thousand Kilometres)
As dawn broke on the longest day, Fifty‑five riders gathered in Warwick’s grey. A pre‑race breakfast behind them, the Midlands ahead, A thou...
-
Hi! This week's blog has started off with a lovely pic of Doo's running vest to remind you all that he is attempting to complete I...
-
The weekend saw me complete the Snowdrop Express 120k audax. This was an amazing audax and was the first audax event I ever entered and comp...
-
On the weekend of 13 and 14 September 2025, Mr Orange and I set ourselves the small matter of completing the Rat Race Coast to Coast, a 100‑...
Very reassuring Doo. I have also replaced training with consuming Christmas fayre. I'm leaving the training for when this snow disappears, by which time I will be fully carbo loaded. Or at least mince-pie loaded!
ReplyDelete