Thursday 31 December 2009

The last days of winter

Have not posted for a while because I haven't done anything. No running, cycling or swimming for 2 weeks now. The Christmas period and my return to work are to blame. Work always gets in the way of fun.


Now is a good time to reflect on this year and share some of my accomplishments. In this year of 2009 I pulled my first ever pint. Shaved my head. Competed in a duathlon. Saw the Riverdance. Cycled Land's End to John O' Groats. Climbed Sydney harbour bridge. Visited the oldest post office in the world. Ate kangaroo, crocodile and emu. Ran a 10 mile (off road) race. Climbed Ayer's Rock. Visited Dunnet Head - the northernmost point of mainland Britain. Slept in a traditional Lavvo. Ran a 1/2 marathon. Visited the ice hotel in Sweden. Competed in a race series (4 x 10k trail). Raised a lot of cash for charity. And, 1 of the most memorable things I did was to sledge huskie dogs in the Arctic circle.


I guess I have until tomorrow to dream up challenges, adventures and goals for 2010. Resolutions are not my thing. Would be awesome to share someone's dream.


Am not going to post weekly totals for the past couple of weeks (they would score zero) but am chuffed I am able to record that I cycled 3,160 miles on my road bike in 2009! I did not record what distance I covered on my other bikes. Have no idea how far I ran or how long I swam for.

Until 2010, peace out my friends! I hope all of your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...