Wednesday 31 December 2014

Goodbye 2014

Lunar supporting Doo's Rapha challenge
Started this week with a lengthy commute - my regular commute with added k's to dig deeper into my Rapha Festive 500 challenge. How irritating it was that I had to work 12 hours before I could pedal home on this commute. Brr, it was starting to get cold too!
Rapha ride 4 with The Phantom
Sunday came and it really was cold. Freezing in fact. Ron and I cycled a jolly together which was nice despite the frozen patches here and there. At just past the half way point we stopped at a lovely little water feature which had inscribed words of wisdom. A great jolly indeed!
'THIS WATER SHALL THIRST AGAIN BUT WHOSOEVER DRINKETH OF THE WATER THAT I SHALL GIVE HIM SHALL NEVER THIRST''
Monday was a very cold day too, -2C in fact. Fortunately, my super cyclocross bike was fitted with winter tyres that allowed me to pedal 100k effortlessly. I lied, but I was able to cycle 100k with no slips, stumbles or falls. At this stage I had completed 78% of my Rapha challenge.
Tuesday was just as cold as Monday! 3 pairs of socks and my feet still felt cold. The cold didn't stop me from cycling to work and back though. Apart from a loose brake lever, this commute was relatively regular. At this juncture 90% of my Rapha challenge had been completed.

Wednesday was New Year's Eve. And Wednesday was great as I completed my last cycle and last commute of 2014. Not only that, I completed my last challenge of 2014 and successfully completed the Rapha Festive 500 challenge!
I had hoped at the start of the year that my feet would take my on many adventures - and that they did! My feet managed to cycle 9,253 km's (5,750 miles) and run 142k (88 miles). Not bad considering they were carrying a weight of 90.3kg! My weight was even heavier at the start of the year - a whopping 92.7kg. I cycled more last year but am still pleased with my figures. I had hoped to complete a further RRTY and AAARTY which I did, claiming 25.5 AAA points and completed an Arrow event too. So, in a nutshell, 2014 mission accomplished!
For those that like stat's, below are my cycling distances in k's since I began recording them (figures in brackets are miles).

2009 - 5,086 (3,160)
2010 - 8,509 (5,287)
2011 - 8,378 (5,207)
2012 - 6,935 (4,309)
2013 - 12,498 (7,766)
2014 - 9,253 (5,750)
********************
A big thank you to all those who have read my blog and/or joined in any of my adventures over the past year(s). I hope you all have a wonderful new year. Hopefully wheel catch up in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...