Saturday 10 February 2018

The Route Of Absolute Doom for Hill Toads (Oh Deer)

Last week was another relatively quiet week on the training front. This was a planned 'quieter' week. However, training still took place.

Ran on just one occasion. This was a short 5k run around my village. Felt nice to be running but I was disappointed I did not see the blue blood red super moon up in the sky. I wonder where it was? We like the moon...
Completed 2 to work and back cycle commutes. Was nice that the evenings were now getting lighter. Still very dark in the mornings.

My 'big' cycle of the week was a relatively hilly affair. I cycled a route aptly named 'The Route Of Absolute Doom for Hill Toads (Oh Deer)'. I needed to pick my daughter up from school so was not wanting to venture too far from home, however, was wanting to experience some hills. My buddy Ron created the 'TROAD' route ages back (and it doesn't take a genius to work out what 'TROAD' stands for, does it?!). So, I figured I'd cycle TROAD which was a route close to home that included a few climbs and notably Cobley Hill. I added a route I created ('Hill') to it which was another bunch of climbs close to home (Cobley Hill and Licky Hill from both directions) and finished with the 'TOAD' route which was a non-hilly route that Ron sent to me thinking it was TROAD. You get me?! Only it didn't finish there, I added a further route (the Deer Route) just to make sure this ride covered at least 150k. 150k and nearly 2,000m of climbing. Boy did I feel great, until the following day...
The Route Of Absolute Doom for Hill Toads (Oh Deer)
This week was real pants. No training took place at all. Illness hit me and it hit me hard. Tonsils, lymph glands and head space were all swollen. Still feel rough as boots now. I guess it's a blessing I have lost some weight (despite still looking porky). Not sure how/when training will re-start and I'm sure a few difficult weeks lay ahead. That's if I can drag my butt out of my bed...
In other news, Mr Wide-eye (my tortoise) has become a noisy menace. He has taken to scratching a side of his hide for no apparent reason. Maybe he is wanting more attention? I dunno. I still have plans of building an improved table for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...