Saturday 7 March 2020

Fail, bail, all hail.

Failed to keep my Bivvy-A-Month (BAM) challenge going, as I didn't wild camp at all last month. Not much bothered as I managed to BAM for 13 consecutive months. Moreover, I got the badge for completing a full calendar year. Still plan to wild camp (lots) this year and have new gear to test including a Therm-A-Rest NeoAir Xlite sleeping mat and a funky Sea to Summit Aeros UL pillow. How exciting! I'm sure a review will follow.
My buddy Jamie has bailed out of the TransAlba race which we planned to ride as a pair later this year. He had his own reasons for bailing. I just hope I'm brave enough to cycle this solo. I've wild camped solo before but the thought of 8-10 nights on my lonesome, in dark rugged Scotland, gives me the heebie-jeebies! Maybe I'll cycle faster with an element of fear? To help encourage myself, I downloaded my first audible book - 'True Grit' by Bear Grylls. This book contains a bunch of true epic stories of heroism and survival of individuals who have battled through the harshest of situations and circumstance and survived. I'm sure it'll inspire me.
Today, I ran my 34th Parkrun and hence ticked off March for my ParkRun-A-Month (PRAM) challenge. I finished 84/489 and completed the course in a time of 24:32. A relatively poor time, however, it's my fastest this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...