Saturday 25 February 2012

The SJ half marathon killer...

Parked the bike next to a tree and had a whole week off from cycling. Didn't even use the rollers. Trust my bike will be okay...
I managed to go out for a run with SJ. Only 1 run, but boy what a run it was! After a period of at least 2 weeks (probably more) I joined SJ for one of her training runs. She's gotten speedy and was raring to go before I had even tied my laces. In fact, she would have quite happily seen me run in my slippers. One out Doo Little door we zig-zagged along the roads of Studley, heading in the Alcester direction. It was a lovely day, sun shining bright for a change. Once the zig-zagging was complete, we headed for Alcester passing Coughton on route. My niggles started after about 3 miles (and perhaps I should have stopped running here) but we didn't stop until we had reached Alcester Town. SJ managed to get a shop keeper to provide us with cold water which was nice. After a stretch, we were off again. We ran past Alcester to Haselor then cut through a field that lead us up to the Dovecote and back into Alcester. I was really feeling whacked at this point. The route home from Alcester was painful and I had to complete this section with periods of walking. As for SJ, she was fine and kept asking if I could go any faster! We ran 13.1 miles in all - 1/2 marathon distance! I think my gps unit had gone a little wonky (according to the map it had) and we probably ran more like 12 miles, but it felt harder than a half marathon and I'm sticking with those figures!


Think next week might be a week on the bike and a week away from running....


Weekly totals: Ran 13.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...