Wednesday 23 May 2012

A bloggers break

After a whole week of not cycling, I took Florence out on Monday for a lap of the TTT 20 route. It was nice to stretch the old legs again despite not having a very fast pace. I went out in the morning, when it was cold. By mid afternoon it was warm and sunny.
Tuesday was hot. Very hot! About 25-28 C, which in the UK is awesome. This is like real summer weather. In weather like this, many folk waltz around scantily dressed and drink too much beer. Not me, oh no! I took the opportunity to cycle the TTT 20 route again. This lap was awesome. Not only was the weather much improved, but I completed this lap in my quickest time yet - 1 hour and 7 minutes! Woo hoo! SJ meanwhile attended some pilates class.
This will be my last blog for a few weeks now as SJ and I are having a break. That's not to say I've given up on the exercise front, just sharing a different kind of adventure with the wife for a while. Still have many plans for this year ahead, including a half marathon, a 300 and 600k audax, a bike packing adventure, maybe a duathlon and maybe a mud run. Lots to blog about - watch this space. :)


Weekly totals: Cycled 40 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...