Sunday 24 February 2019

Snowdrop 2019


Snowdrop 2019 (L-R John, Ron, Jamie, K, Doo)
On 23 February 2019, I completed my 9th Snowdrop audax. This is a beautiful audax that starts and finishes in Hartlebury and passes through Upton and Evesham. It includes the infamous 'Pig Hill', aka 'Phil's Hill'.

This was the first audax event that I ever entered, way back in 2010. This was the first time that K had  ridden an audax event. Over the years have cycled this event with many different friends. This time around, I mostly cycled with John M, Ron, Jamie and K. The WT's (Wythal Team*) were here and included Andy Genders, Tony, Phil and a guy whose name I can never remember. My blind buddy Roger cycled this event too (on his tandem) and a number of his tandem partners were here also.

As with all adventures, there are many points of note. Here is a selected few:
  • It was a super warm (hot) day. How I wished I had a short sleeved top.
  • Not all my buddy's hung around for the obligatory start photo for the purpose of this blog.
  • Phil conquered Pig Hill. Guess we can no longer dub it 'Phil's Hill'.
  • Mark Rigby was the controller at Upton. Ron threw all the stuff off his table.
  • Roger got round in a super quick time which was just awesome, especially considering he was blind, over 70 years old and punctured!
  • Ron caused me to have indigestion - I had to speed eat my super expensive burger at Raphael's due to time constraints ;)
  • I plan to ride this event again next year.

Snowdrop 2010
Snowdrop 2012
Snowdrop 2013
Snowdrop 2014
Snowdrop 2015 (Turned up too late for group start photo)

Snowdrop 2016
Snowdrop 2017
Snowdrop 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...