Monday 13 July 2020

Hollibobs during C19 pandemic, part 2

The second week of my hollibobs was much like the first,
Only the weather wasn't so great, yeah, it was definitely worse.
I managed lots of adventure and surely had some fun,
Met up with different folks and even had a run!
Doo
Aid
Cycled 45k on the Monday with my Cousin 'Aid',
We stopped at Earlswood Lakes and woulda liked a lemonade.
Before the day was out, we took a 5k walk with our kids,
If they had cycled earlier, we'd probably have done bunny hops and skids.
Doo and Cody (Mark took this pic about 10 years ago)
Ree (pic also taken by Mark all those years ago)
Tuesday was quite a lazy day with just a 7k jog,
Got lots of scratches being 'off road' and wet feet from the soggy bog.
Chilled out rest of day, with my buddies Mark and Ree,
Mark did much cooking, which saved me making tea.

Wednesday was a nothing day where I completed very little.
In fact, I hardly did anything at all,
I guess I needn't say too much more,
It's all so trivial and would only bore.

Thursday was more active and my head-space felt quite good,
I ran a couple of loops around the lovely Webheath Wood,
5k was what I ran outdoors and 16k I cycled 'in',
I used my turbo trainer see, and went for an indoor spin.
Pimped up Pixie, my fixie
Friday saw me cycle 48k on my fixie,
This is my favourite bike of late - adoringly, I've named her 'Pixie'.
I've pimped her up a little - just check out that new seat,
Don't you think it's lovely? I'm telling you, I think it's neat!
A nice ascent in Uffington
Sweet X-Country
Tom's suitcase
Russ with a fixed tube (at last!)
Chris punctured both tubes
The best event, was more cycling over the weekend which I saved to last,
This was the OxDURO off-road event - and boy, it really was a blast!
Six of us cycled this event, a real motley crew,
Mostly old friends, but at least one of them was 'new'.
Russ, Ron and Chris all punctured - what a menace blow,
I was secretly pleased for the stops and liked to take it slow.
Kirk, Tom and I, we didn't face such woes,
Though must of us got stung or scratched (I had grass seeds in my toes),
As through 'nettle alley' we took our great machines,
Tom was riding a mountain bike - he really must've been keen.
Tom also took a suitcase, I really kid you not,
The rest of us took little, nearly diddly-squat.
We cycled a road and chalk and trail course,
And up and past the great Uffington White Horse.
We stopped at a cafe, in fact we stopped at two,
Such a great adventure, perhaps next time you'll come too?
And so ends my hollibobs and now it's back to work,
The things we do for a living, just to fund some perk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...