Thursday 6 June 2013

Stroud 5 Valleys 50k Audax (June 2013)

Thursday saw me complete the Stroud 5 Valleys permanent audax again. Have cycled this hilly (1 AAA) 50k event many times now. Is such a great ride. This ride was particularly special because the sun was out!
I made slight variations to the suggested route during the initial stages - just for fun. That didn't prevent me from having to climb any of the steep hills though. The organiser, as previously recorded, stated it's 'a short ride with plenty of vertical-seeking interest. If it is flat you may be off route!' This ride qualified for a silver grimpeur award.
Last time I cycled through Bisley, I was unable to use the Post Office as my POP because it was closed. This time around, Bisley Post Office was open and they obliged in stamping my brevet card. Better yet, Minchinhampton Post Office was also open and in the same manner stamped my card (for the first time) too.
Cycled a total of 53k. This event took me just over 4 and a half hours. My total distance this year now stands at 5,029k.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...