Thursday 18 March 2010

Audax addict

Cycled 2 training sessions this week. Both cycles were on Scotty, which felt good because she had not been ridden at all last week. Now that spring is in bloom, the ground had hardened and allowed for some good old off road action. The first ride was with Ron and I took him on my 'naughty woods' ride into Alcester and back via the off road section to Coughton Ford. Poor Ron punctured again! The second ride was a solo effort that loosely followed the 'Ron's 1 hour loop' ride but added a wooded section near Sambourne and finished with a sting!
No other training had taken place, but I guess it matters little because it would appear that I have a new addiction. An audax addiction. I have signed up for the 'Over the Malverns 159 k Randonee' which is set to take place on saturday next. This event goes '... over the Malvern Hills to Great Malvern via some hilly Worcestershire lanes ... the route returns via the Severn Plain and Upton-on-Severn before the final stretch through some interesting Worcestershire lanes'. This is going to be my first solo effort audax but I have just over 12 hours to complete the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year folks. I wonder what's in store for 2022,  - something crazy, something new? It's a shame Covid is still here and I&#...